Home' Tennant and District Times : 2015-0925 TDT Contents AS this term comes to an end, a big congratulations and thanks for a
great effort must go to the community of Ali Curung, the Alekarenge
School staff, Barkly Shire Night Patrol, NT Truancy, NT Police and the
PaCE and Yellow Shirt teams.
Ali Curung has obtained and maintained high attendance figures over the
past 10 weeks despite many disruptions in the community.
The Yellow Shirts have made a great effort with the aid of the community
to get their children to school every day.
Students who have had trouble getting to school early this term battle for
an early wake-up arrived at school on time or before the bell.
So to all you early attendees, keep up the good work!
A mention must be made to those parents and carers attending the health
clinic with sick children. Remember to obtain a sick certificate to be handed
to the school, so they know why your child is away from school.
A big “well done” to all and keep up the great job of getting your children
to school daily.
PAPULU APPARR–KARI ABORIGINAL CORPORATION
Ali Curung leads the way with school attendance
14 TENNANT AND DISTRICT TIMES FRIDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2015
TENNANT AND DISTRICT TIMES FRIDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2015 15
Phone (08) 8962 1040 Fax (08) 8962 1369 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 1 x Caseworker (full-time, night shift & weekends)
• 1x Mature Support Worker (casual)
Want to make a difference to the lives
of women & children in the Barkly?
• To work collaboratively with the coordinator and staff to support and improve the circumstances
of women and children who are victims of or at risk of Domestic and Family Violence.
• Because of the Nature of our service these are Female designated positions.
1. Current Driver’s Licence (n/a for night shifts).
2. Current Ochre Card – or ability to obtain.
3. Must undergo and pass a criminal history check.
4. Be reliable, friendly and non–discriminatory.
5. Extensive experience and understanding of the issues that impact our client group/ local
6. Good written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal Women encouraged to apply.
For further information and a copy of the position description contact the CEO
– Georgina Bracken at email@example.com or Crisis Accommodation Manager
Shirleen Alum at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8962 1940.
• We are also looking for women interested in a career in
Social Services who would like to take on a traineeship – please
contact us to discuss. Young women encouraged to apply.
“Join our small team – we are dedicated to eliminating
domestic and family violence and improving the
circumstances of women and children in our community.”
HOUSE MAINTENANCE OFFICERS
T&J Contractors are seeking suitable employees to undertake a broad range of Handyman duties in
remote communities within the Barkly region.
• Cultural understanding and a genuine appreciation of the values and aspirations of Indigenous
• Experience working in Indigenous communities where English is often not the first language.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, be flexible and use initiative to prioritise and manage
• Competent English literacy and numeracy skill level to communicate and prepare written reports.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly with respect to tenants’ personal information.
• A current Northern Territory C class Drivers License or equivalent, physically able to drive 4x4
vehicles for long distances and preparedness to work in remote communities.
• Ability to utilise a computer including email, in order to provide photos and copies of documents to
• Must be able to obtain Ochre Card and White Card.
Example of general skills required:
• Ability to undertake general building maintenance i.e.
• Check tap leaks, minor leaks, clearing/plunging of sink/toilet blockages
• Replacement of non-hardwired smoke alarms
• Repair louvers, rewire screen doors, board up broken windows
• Replace and minor repair of tiles, silicone sealing
• Door locks – replace hinges, ease and adjust doors and door stops
• Patch holes in walls & patch painting
• Minor fencing and gate repairs , gutter repairs
• General grounds maintenance
For a full Job Description and wages – please contact Kris via email email@example.com
or phone 89623 073. Applications for the position can be emailed to the same email address or
posted to T&J Contractors, PO Box 1128, Tennant Creek, NT. 081.
Applications for the position can also be hand delivered to 187 Paterson St, Tennant Creek, NT.
• 8962 1040 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Barkly Region Alcohol & Drug Abuse Advisory Group
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday 19th October 2015 at 5.30 pm
Held at Battery Hill, Tennant Creek NT
Application for Deductible Gift Recipient Status: Amendment of the Barkly Region
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Advisory Group Inc (BRASDAAG) Constitution.
The amendment is the insertion of the following clause 60in the constitution.
60. Revocation of Deductible Gift Recipient Endorsement:
If BRADAAG is wound up or its endorsement as a deductible gift recipient is revoked
(whichever occurs first), any surplus of the following assets shall be transferred to another
organisation to which income tax deductible gifts can be made:
gifts of money or property for the principal purpose of the organisation
contributions made in relation to an eligible fundraising event held for the principal
purpose of the organisation; and
money received by the organisation because of such gifts and contribution.
It is resolved by special resolution to approve and amend the BRADAAG constitution, so that
an application for the status of a Deductible Gift Recipient may be made to the Australian
Changes to Barkly Region Alcohol and Drug Abuse Advisory Group Incorporated Business
To approve the “Application for Registration of a Registrable Australian Body” under the
Corporations Act, noting that written consent from the Delegate of the Commissioner for
Consumer Affairs for Bradaag to make such application been obtained;
To apply for registration under the Corporation Act under the name “Barkly Region Alcohol
and Drug Abuse Advisory Group” and
To adopt the current Bradaag Constitution for the purposes of the Application incorporating
the amendment being the inclusion of clause 60, as resolved by special resolution at the
Special General Meeting.
Plant & Equipment Hire
Graders - Trucks - Loaders
Full contingent of Plant and Equipment for:
• Sealing of Roads
• Bulk Earthworks • Dam Building
• Pastoral Land Clearing
For enquiries please call:
Jim Phillips - 0417 834 574
Allan Hull - (08) 8962 2056
Ofce - (08) 8962 1039
Links Archive 2015-0918 TDT 2015-1002 TDT Navigation Previous Page Next Page